Wednesday, February 13, 2019

On the Eve of Seven

Seven.

Seven years.

As every year passes, I find it harder to believe that you are getting older.  Your hands aren't tiny anymore.  Neither are your feet.  You're taller, too.  It makes me sad to think that my baby is growing further away from being a "baby", but it makes me happy to see that you are growing into such a kind and caring young man.

You're on the cusp of wanting to be with your mama and not wanting to be with your mama.  You want to be a big kid and hang out with your friends and act tough.  But there are times when you still want cuddles from me.  And you do still sometimes sneak your hand into mine when we cross the street or walk somewhere together.

I love that we're reading Harry Potter together.  And I love that you're reading books all on your own.  I love your excitement over trivia that you just can't wait to share.  I love how you love and protect your brother.  I love your jokes and your train layouts.

You are, by far, one of the best gifts I was ever given.  Happy 7th birthday Jay Bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment