Sunday, July 16, 2017

Summer Activities

This year's summer break has been exactly what I needed so far.  It's been a good mix of outings with family and days in with just the boys and myself.  It's been a good time for me to forget about work and try to focus on feeling better.  Unfortunately, there are some feelings of anxiety creeping in as the days tick by and the calendar shows the school year getting closer.  I'm trying to push those away, but it's hard.


Some of the things we've been up to...
We've built some forts in the living room.

Hiked up our shorts and made weird faces.

And made friends with sock puppets.


Jacob picked up riding his bike without training wheels pretty quickly, so we decided to take a bike ride on C&O Canal trail.  We didn't go too far, and we had frequent breaks along the way.

We went to Hershey Park.  The boys loved it -- even though I had a hard time capturing pictures of them smiling.  I was semi-successful at times.  I guess they're just serious ride riders.  

Jacob's favorite ride?  The Comet.  He rode it 3 times -- and he informed us that he doesn't ride rides more than once.








Jacob was a great helper with Michael on the rides.  He showed him how to do things, like ring bells and buzz buzzers.

Michael was pretty cautious around the giant candy bars, though I think the Reese's peanut butter cup guy is pretty safe.

This past Saturday we went down to Lake Anna in Virginia for a day on the lake and the boys' first ride on the boat.  Michael was scared stiff on the boat -- literally -- but was pretty happy playing in the water.  Jacob was hesitant at first, but enjoyed every aspect of it all -- boating and playing in the water.

Last year, July was the start of the worst 6 months of my life.  It's hard to forget all of that, but I'm trying to be at peace with it.  It's not easy, but at least there have been some good distractions along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment