Tuesday, June 21, 2016

6 Months with Michael

I'm telling you... this poor second child... he gets so much love, but I'm awful at updating things for him.  In fact, maybe I should just give up trying...

But here's a six month update on poor Michael.  Only slightly ridiculously late...


Weight: 16 lbs 5 oz (23%)
Height: 27 in (50%)
Head Circumference:  45 cm (89%)

The doctor was slightly concerned with his weight, because he's only gained about a pound in two months.  She said she likes to see a gain of about two pounds in the two months.  But it seems to be an easy fix -- we were shorting him a bit on bottle sizes it seems.  I think we're back on track now.

Michael wants ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with solid foods.  He gags on them.  Spits them out.  Refuses to eat them.  We tried baby oatmeal, and we thought that went well, but then about two hours later he vomited it all (plus some) back up.  We thought it was maybe due to an over-feed -- I had nursed him just shortly before he ate.  But a second try yielded the same results.  We've tried applesauce and squashes.  We've tried a couple of store-bought foods, but he doesn't want those either.  I've tried samples of things we're eating but to no avail.  Haven't tried banana yet.  That's up next.

Little guy is rolling over.  He still hates tummy time.  In fact, the minute he ends up on his stomach for whatever reason, he starts screaming.  He sits up pretty well, unassisted.  He loves his bouncers.  Jacob may be his favorite person.  Michael almost always gives him huge smiles when he comes near.

Big brother was off to the side for this picture -- that's who we're looking at.
We're still waking up once or twice a night for feedings.  And taking naps when he's at home with me?  Forget about it.

I thought that I'd remember what it's like to care for an infant, but quite honestly, I feel like a new parent again.

We love both of our boys so much.  Now if only I'd remember to provide better updates once in a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment